“Knowledge is power. Information is liberating. Education is the premise of progress, in every society, in every family.” – Kofi Anan
The High School for Girls’ family is especially proud of her annual academic prowess. Our results are exceptional, year after year. In 2021, we once again produced a 100% pass rate, a university entrance rate of 95% and from our 101 candidates, a total of 240 distinctions was achieved. Over and above this, our Top 10 Matrics from the Class of 2021 are as follows:
- Marlé Siebert – 7 Distinctions with 92.7% average
- Ammara Omar – 7 Distinctions with 91.9% average.
- Eliske Jansen van Vuuren – 7 Distinctions with 91.6% average
- Takudzwa Mutungama – 7 Distinctions with 90.6% average
- Chrizelle Kok – 7 Distinctions with 88.7% average
- Inge Meyer – 4 Distinctions with 85.9% average
- Elana du Plooy – 5 Distinctions with 85% average
- Carla Kruger – 6 Distinctions with 85% average
- Zahreen Latif – 6 Distinctions with 84% average
- Lisa Niesing – 6 Distinctions with 83.7% average
We do have a lot to boast about! This is indeed a testament to our motto: Hard work brings true joy, but also to the fact that quality teaching and learning takes place at this school. Girls High follows the National Curriculum of South Africa, and writes the National Senior Certificate (NSC) examinations. The results achieved by our girls enable them to study at a variety of universities around the world.
Girls High has excellent resources, to prepare and encourage young ladies who embrace independent, critical and creative decision-making. To this end, we offer the following subjects in Grades 10 to 12:
- English Home Language
- Afrikaans First Additional Language
- Mathematics / Mathematical Literacy
- Physical Science
- Life Sciences
- Dramatic Arts
- Visual Art
- Business Studies
- Consumer Studies
- Computer Application Technology (CAT)
- Life Orientation
Remedial and Enrichment Programmes are in place to cater to our learners’ individual needs. Our Grade 9s write an interest and aptitude test to identify a tailored choice of subjects for Grades 10 to 12.
Our educators are professional, and leaders in their fields. They use a growth mind-set, embrace a blended learning approach, with the help of technology, and understand the nuances of teaching and relating to girls.